Chicken Travels
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
  Reading List Just an idea of what I've consumed so far on this trip, might post more full posts over at the Angry Chicken for 'What's the Matter with Kansas':

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, Joe Trippi - Good book, nothing earth-shattering for me but a good job of pulling together Joe's general thoughts. Trippi goes a bit overboard in expressing his vision - but any movement needs a visionary. If you feel that you don't completely know why or how the Dean campaign happened, read this book.

Bringing Down the House - Don't have the book in front of me so I don't know the author offhand. Good fun book about how a team of MIT students shook the gambling world by counting blackjack.

What's the Matter With Kansas (How Conservatives won the Heart of America), Thomas Frank - Very compelling book about how the Republicans have manipulated the social issues to obscure the fact that they are against the 'average' American. Some great thoughts, some views too extreme for me. That said, I will be recommending this book to some people I know.

Stranger than Fiction (True Stories), Chuck Palahniuk - Palahniuk was the author of Fight Club and one of my favorite writers, and he NEVER disappoints. Not the best thing he's written (that would be Survivor), but compelling nonetheless.

I also listened to the Art of War by Sun Tzu on my iPod. It was interesting, but I probably would have gotten more out of it if the reader hadn't been Joe Mantegna. I kept thinking it was being read by Fat Tony. 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I may not be a globetrotter (just yet) but if you can't find me at The Angry Chicken odds are that I'm on the road, and you can keep up here.

Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
08/22/2004 - 08/29/2004 / 08/29/2004 - 09/05/2004 / 03/06/2005 - 03/13/2005 / 03/13/2005 - 03/20/2005 / 03/20/2005 - 03/27/2005 /


PHOTO ALBUMS
Europe 9/04

Powered by Blogger