Chicken Travels
Saturday, August 28, 2004
  Brussels to Antwerp Despite sleeping away half the day in Brussels; I've actually had a very busy day.

I headed down to the station to find a schedule and found out that trains left to Antwerp at least once an hour; giving me flexibility. From there I decided to walk and find the city center. After wandering for a bit, I found myself in front of the palace of Justice where an elevator lifted me up to the center of the old city. Explored for a couple of hours and I ended up visiting the Royal Museum of Fine Art and looking at some awesome Rubens. After that I went to the Royal Park for a bit and read.



Royal Park

One general thought that kept running through my mind was how nice the Belgian innocence must be. And by that I meant the innocence of feeling safe - both fro, terrorists and degenerates. I was able to walk right up to the door of the palace without passing a single guard. The Palace of Justice didn't have a single guard and it's windows were made of glass without any bars - just didn't seem safe enough to ,e as an American.

After that, I returned to the train station and got on board a train to Antwerp, where ,y French is now useless - but most people speak English.

As a side note : if there are inexplicable commas and qs in my writings, it is because the q and a are flipped as are the m and comma on these keyboards. You also can't type a number without using the shift key. Go figure! 
Comments:
sounds like fun..glad you made it to the loo in time!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
I may not be a globetrotter (just yet) but if you can't find me at The Angry Chicken odds are that I'm on the road, and you can keep up here.

Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
08/22/2004 - 08/29/2004 / 08/29/2004 - 09/05/2004 / 03/06/2005 - 03/13/2005 / 03/13/2005 - 03/20/2005 / 03/20/2005 - 03/27/2005 /


PHOTO ALBUMS
Europe 9/04

Powered by Blogger