Chicken Travels
Monday, August 30, 2004
  Brugge Please check out some of my older entries as I've finally been able to upload photos for a few of them

Today is Monday and I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Brugge. Brugge is a small town in Northern Brussels.



Antwerp Station

Backtracking to Saturday night, I ate at a place in Antwerp where I had some awesome mussels. I then went and asked the clerk at my hotel that standby of traveling: 'So where do the kids hangout?'. I followed his directions and went to the Grote Markt area. Which was pretty lively. However, jetlag was settling in and one beer at the bar was sufficient before turning around and heading back to the room. Once in bed, I found it impossible to sleep. I was literally in bed till 4:30 when I fell asleep.

Yesterday, I woke up at 7:30 (on three and a half hours sleep) and got up to explore Antwerp in daylight. Yesterday being the last Sunday of the Summer in Belgium, Antwerp was having a festival. I think the theme had something to do with body and mind. I wandered around and also came upon the Grote Markt (great market) during the day. Everything you can imagine was on sale - including pets. It was really weird seeing pet birds being sold 10 feet away from birds for dinner.

I left Antwerp around mid-day and went to Brugge. Only an hour and a half ride by train. I checked into a youth hostel around 2 pm and was told I needed to wait for my room. I sat down at the bar with a couple of Canadian kids and one of them is a political junkie like myself and we engaged in a conversation over a couple of beers. I then went out and explored town for a little while berfore coming back to the room and napping for 3 hours. Dinner...bed... 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I may not be a globetrotter (just yet) but if you can't find me at The Angry Chicken odds are that I'm on the road, and you can keep up here.

Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
08/22/2004 - 08/29/2004 / 08/29/2004 - 09/05/2004 / 03/06/2005 - 03/13/2005 / 03/13/2005 - 03/20/2005 / 03/20/2005 - 03/27/2005 /


PHOTO ALBUMS
Europe 9/04

Powered by Blogger