Chicken Travels
Friday, August 27, 2004
  Anyone ever been to Gander, New Foundland? Well, I have.


Screen on the plane in Gander

The trip is off to an inauspicious start.

After taking a sleeping pill and trying to fall asleep in Continental's absurdly uncomfortable seats, I began to settle in. About 3 hours into the flight my dreams were disturbed by: "Is there a doctor on board?" over the PA.

Some time later I was woken again by: "Folks, this is your captain speaking. Please buckle up as we're going to be making an emergency evacuation of a sick passenger."

Apparently some woman thought she was having a heart attack and so they evacuated her in Gander. Can you imagine what sort of medical care they have there?

Anyway, I arrived in London 3 hours late. Sara was graciously waiting for me. We just grabbed a quick lunch and soon I'm off.

Due to the delay, I have already altered my schedule. I will be taking the Eurostar in an hour to Brussels... More later 
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Bon Voyage William! Have a wonderful holiday. Ill be checking in on your progress. Good week to be away from NYC! Already they've arrested a few brown people with a bomb threat....planning to blow up the 34th St Subway station. YIKES! I took the week off also, I just cannot deal with this.
 
Gander? Don't they have good Meetups there? /m
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
I may not be a globetrotter (just yet) but if you can't find me at The Angry Chicken odds are that I'm on the road, and you can keep up here.

Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States
ARCHIVES
08/22/2004 - 08/29/2004 / 08/29/2004 - 09/05/2004 / 03/06/2005 - 03/13/2005 / 03/13/2005 - 03/20/2005 / 03/20/2005 - 03/27/2005 /


PHOTO ALBUMS
Europe 9/04

Powered by Blogger